until the forums below look good for you
(smaller with [Ctrl]+[-]), then close this box here
(click the X in its top right corner).

🇩🇪️ Erhöhe mit [Strg]+[+] die Schriftgröße,
bis die Foren unten für dich gut aussehen
(kleiner mit [Strg]+[-]), dann schließe diese Info
(klick auf das X hier oben rechts).

The Great Plan Translated | 211019

Subscribe to this blog forum to get notified of new editions of the reference book PDF and other relevant news about Future Democracy!
VoysonM
Professor General Voyson Molaskes
(Community Admin)
Professor General Voyson Molaskes<br>(Community Admin)
Posts in topic: 4
Profile news headline: Translating the FD PDF

The Great Plan Translated | 211019

Post by VoysonM »

There is a new edition of the PDF available,
now with the chapter "The Great Plan" translated from German:
http://fdmc.info#The-Great-Plan

Get the latest edition, always completely free: http://Future-Democracy.info
Silver Kestrel
Level: <10 Posts
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Great Plan Translated | 211019

Post by Silver Kestrel »

WOW, just WOW! I mean, read the Preface, and then this, and if that doesn't at least move you, you must be dead inside. I'm looking forward with a lot of hope and felt impatience to the next translated chapters, and then to the fully translated book eventually. What I can see already looks plain thorough, through and through, a remarkable piece of work!
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Post by VoysonM »

Wow in turn, thank you for this great feedback! At the moment, I think I will still need at least 2-3 months for translating the book, and I currently need to work for a few weeks on some other things first, but it's truly motivating to read feedback like that. (I would translate the book of course also without it, as I also wrote it without any feedback from others, and actually even against highly demotivational people almost all around me for the past several decades, but I work from being motivated from within, or also from without, but the latter from a much wider perspective in space and especially time, than my more or less immediate surroundings.) I would love to have the book translated ready by the end of 2021, but I think it may also take a few months more. Let's see. It should in any case be faster than originally writing it, which took me about nine months or so.
Cuscortoskos
L10+
L10+

Is there a faster way?

Post by Cuscortoskos »

I wanted to "complain" already that things seem to progress so slowly. I also think this is a highly support-worthy and very, very important piece of work you have created there. But, especially considering the imminent and still emerging needs from the Corona Crisis, I think the translation should be sped up not only one notch or two, but a lot. So, is there no way you could speed up the process? Why not employ a translator for that, who can work on it fulltime? (You can also PM me on that.)
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Re: Is there a faster way?

Post by VoysonM »

Thank you for the feedback. Also I would like to speed up the translation, in fact to actually already have the book finished today in English. But ...

I had had several offers of translators who wanted to translate it for free. But they all just trickled away, as generally almost all of my contacts during the Corona Crisis. One is playing computer games all day now, the other went back to taking drugs, a third stopped caring for anything or anybody else but for their own and is living in a prepper bunker now, and so on.

There are also a few points why it's very unlikely and even unpracticable that I employ a translator, and why I therefore must do it myself. Firstly, as in any profession, most translators are on average of course just average, and some are actually very bad, and only few are really good. I wouldn't go below very good, and these are just too hard to find. But even if I had a very good translator, I am continuously updating and upgrading the book. I could not give them the German script and they sit on it for the next weeks. Each chapter that I translate, I update in German first, which sometimes leads me even to major changes/upgrades. There's also so much more involved than most translators are used to, that I always do on-the-fly while translating, like text layout, properly importing graphics (a multi-step process), setting PDF website anchor-links, proper cross-linking, and so on.

Trying to find a translator who could do all this reliably at my level of perfection, teaching or supervising them etc all would cost me a lot of time, which would simply be wasted. I think it's the most efficient and fastest way that I translate the book myself. I'm currenlty focussing on that as much as I can, more is not possible. But I'm working on improving my own net speed of working. I think until the summer of 2022, the book will be finished in English. Perhaps much sooner. Let's see.
Red Fox (Susan)

Post by Red Fox (Susan) »

Please just do not ever abandon the translation! I've read what is there already, also looked over the German tome (which I do not understand, but the pictures look interesting and promising), and I so much would like to read all the rest, too! Really, always know that there are people waiting for it. And thank you so much for all your work already! :* :* :* 8D 8D 8D
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Post by VoysonM »

Thank you for the nice feedback, Red Fox (Susan)! Rest assured, I will finish translating the book as soon as possible, it is one of my two current top-priority projects (the other is personal development to become even more productive and generally improve myself), and I will definitely not give it up, rather work on it as fast as possible while ensuring top quality, until it's finished, that's a promise! :)