until the forums below look good for you
(smaller with [Ctrl]+[-]), then close this box here
(click the X in its top right corner).

🇩🇪️ Erhöhe mit [Strg]+[+] die Schriftgröße,
bis die Foren unten für dich gut aussehen
(kleiner mit [Strg]+[-]), dann schließe diese Info
(klick auf das X hier oben rechts).

Topic Suggestions for Discussions

Assessments, theories, strategies and recommendations concerning all kinds of ongoing public threats by political, sociocultural, or scientific/technological phenomena (that are not directly related to the Corona Crisis).
VoysonM
Professor General Voyson Molaskes
(Community Admin)
Professor General Voyson Molaskes<br>(Community Admin)
Posts in topic: 5
Profile news headline: Translating the FD PDF

Topic Suggestions for Discussions

Post by VoysonM »

Here are a few suggestions:

1. In vaccinations, which dangers are really significantly possible, how are the approval and monitoring procedures to be judged, and how sound is the overall scientific foundation of vaccinations — evidence-based or just tradition plus marketing?

2. How lobbyism hijacks alternative movements and abuses them to attack campaigns for public safety that are against the interests of certain industries (case in point: the "Climate Lie")

3. "politically correct" as actually "politically controlled" language

4. The world as a perfect Dystopia (perfect precisely because it is both real and yet not perceived in the heads of the people)

5. dangers through the wide marketing of novel technologies (eg mobile communication and genetical engineering vs the consume history of initial behavior towards X-rays and radioactivity)

6. creating a better health system

(These topics were suggested in the old web 2.0 community between December 2020 and April 2021,
have been collected and now they've finally been copied here by me.)
Silver Kestrel
Level: <10 Posts
Posts in topic: 1

Perfect Dystopia?

Post by Silver Kestrel »

I think the idea of a "perfect dystopia" is pretty demoralizing. I mean, it implies (by the word "perfect") to be absolutely and utterly unbeatable, no way out. I don't think that's intended here, so maybe a different phrasing could be found? Perhaps simply "a seemingly perfect" or "near-perfect" dystopia or the like?
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Re: Perfect Dystopia?

Post by VoysonM »

That's a philosophical question: Is a perfect dystopia one that cannot be overcome, or is it "only" the worst that can actually exist in the real world, but which then still could be overcome? The latter would actually even be a source of hope: EVEN the perfect dystopia cannot, or could not, last forever, even the perfect dystopia can, or could, be overcome! So I don't think one has to subscribe to the notion that a perfect dystopia implies hopelessness, perhaps even quite the opposite. — All that could of course be part of the proposed detailed analysis of the topic. Your points, regarding the demotivational power of such a phrase, however, could, and perhaps should, be part of that as well. In fact, this aspect may be considered PART of the dystopia, part of the dystopian mind control and mind-programming — but as I sketched here: it can actually easily be overcome by looking at the phase in a different way. That this "easily" may not be done so easily, or likely even not at all, by most people, IS part of the dystopian sociopsychology of our society.

As with all topic suggestions, I may one day find the time to write an analysis myself, but I invite everyone else to do so sooner. :)
Cuscortoskos
L10+
L10+

Good Ideas

Post by Cuscortoskos »

Some indeed very good points to explore. I'll see when I'll find time to write something myself. Overall, I think the idea of an open public "think-tank" for public safety is a superb idea. I have really a lot to do, business-wise, but I will try to make some time for this community here, it's honestly the most promising thing I've come across in the last decades! Don't give up, I am sure it will catch on one day, and then have serious positive impact!
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Re: Good Ideas

Post by VoysonM »

Thank you for the positive feedback, it's well-appreciated! Don't worry, I'm not one giving up. I've developed several huge things in my life already, and always see projects to their target end, however long and how much it may take. I strive always for perfection, starting off with excellence. It's my way of living, and I am absolutely sure that, if mankind survives long enough, this will be the normal, Regular-Joe way of living for all mankind, as this is our natural intrinsic potential, and thus our purpose and in fact obligation in the world.
Tom G
L20+
L20+

Re: Topic Suggestions for Discussions

Post by Tom G »

Hey, now I feel almost put a little bit under pressure, hahaha. ;) But maybe that's actually a good thing? (:

More seriously: I think that's really a good perspective, a productive way of looking at things, at the world and mankind. Optimism and positive striving is the best recipe I know to achieve anything — and everything.

Btw: Nice to meet some really smart people here, it sometimes feels as if mankind has little hope and keeps deteriorating rapidly all the time. Then finding this place here is a big uplifter. I've always been quite happy-go-lucky but I must admit that effing Corona Crisis even got to me, and I don't mean a virus, but the media, politics, society and all, but I think I don't need to eplxain that here. :) I hope the community grows and we all can benefit from each other! Cheerio.
Larissa1
L10+
L10+

Post by Larissa1 »

Yep, I don't think you're alone with that here, Tom. I've actually not seen any dumb comment here yet. Feels really very refreshing, like a holiday break from the rest of the dumbfucked internet. I hope it stays this way here!
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Post by VoysonM »

I will try my best, Larissa1, and everyone else! :) And if you invite more good people, and they do that, too, then we can grow also in numbers, a high quantity of high quality, that's the goal here! :)
Red Fox (Susan)

Post by Red Fox (Susan) »

Hello, hello, everyone! I'm new here, and just want to say how happy I am, too, about this community. :* :* :* 8D 8D 8D

One question (almost forgot it): Where should the suggested topics be discussed? All here in this thread? I think it would be less cluttered if there were separate threads, one for each big topic? Is that the idea? I would suggest that, anyhow.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Post by VoysonM »

Hello Red Fox (Susan), glad you like the community, feel very welcome here! :)

As for your question: Each topic should indeed get its own forum thread. Here in this thread we can discuss about the topic suggestions as such, ask and answer questions about them, and make further suggestions for other new topics — but actual essay-like works on the topics should of course each get their own new topic thread forum discussion.