until the forums below look good for you
(smaller with [Ctrl]+[-]), then close this box here
(click the X in its top right corner).

🇩🇪️ Erhöhe mit [Strg]+[+] die Schriftgröße,
bis die Foren unten für dich gut aussehen
(kleiner mit [Strg]+[-]), dann schließe diese Info
(klick auf das X hier oben rechts).

Unconditional Mutual Aid

Here you can seek, get and give attention, help and advice on any kinds of personal problems, however big or however small. As a community, we need each other, like each other, and are here for each other.
VoysonM
Professor General Voyson Molaskes
(Community Admin)
Professor General Voyson Molaskes<br>(Community Admin)
Posts in topic: 2
Profile news headline: Translating the FD PDF

Unconditional Mutual Aid

Post by VoysonM »

Just to clarify the concept of this section of the community:

The idea is mutual aid, the community helping you and you helping others of the community — but there are no conditions and no trading. You can give or ask as much — or as little — as you want, and nobody should make it into a game of sorts by counting and balancing how much each member gets or gives.

You do not need to help others but still have the full right to ask as much help as you need.

Give support where you really feel like it, not out of a feeling of obligation, duty, or need to pay back.
Let's live unconditional mutual aid here — I guarantee it works best this way! You get better quality, truly honestly motivated help, and you feel much better asking for and getting help.

If you have questions or comments regarding this concept, feel free to reply here!
Silver Kestrel
Level: <10 Posts
Level: <10 Posts
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unconditional Mutual Aid

Post by Silver Kestrel »

This sounds very good, I'm very glad to have found this whole forum/community here! I hope it grows soon and gets used as best as possible.
Tom G
L20+
L20+
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tom G »

I don't know if this is off-topic here, but do you know the book "Mutual Aid" by Mikhail Bakunin by any chance? Would fit well, so maybe you're indirectly referring to it in the title?
VoysonM
Professor General Voyson Molaskes
(Community Admin)
Professor General Voyson Molaskes<br>(Community Admin)
Posts in topic: 2
Profile news headline: Translating the FD PDF

Post by VoysonM »

Yes, I know the book, and in general like very much all of Bakunin's writing that I've so far read.
This topic here was not intentionally a reference to the book, but of course it agrees with its basic idea and argumentation. Although the topic, the idea here, goes much beyond the book. Mutual aid as a general phenomenon is much more widespread and may have various motivations and workings, as Bakunin shows some of them, but unconditional mutual aid is a very special case of it, perhaps the highest level of cooperation in a scalar continuum. (Self-exploitation may be higher on a scale of aid, but not on mutual aid. Mutual aid is always sane, rational, and healthy.)

Return to “💔 We Are Here for Each Other”