until the forums below look good for you
(smaller with [Ctrl]+[-]), then close this box here
(click the X in its top right corner).

🇩🇪️ Erhöhe mit [Strg]+[+] die Schriftgröße,
bis die Foren unten für dich gut aussehen
(kleiner mit [Strg]+[-]), dann schließe diese Info
(klick auf das X hier oben rechts).

VoysonM's Blog 🇬🇧

Each user can create one blog as a topic here and post in it, other users can subscribe to, read and comment the blogs or ask questions in them.
Forum rules
  1. This forum section is only for user blogs, do not create any other kind of topics here!
  2. To start a blog, create a topic with your username as or in its title, such as "XY's Blog" or simply "XY", where XY stands for your username.
    As the post text, only enter a short description of your blog (even "This is my blog." would suffice).
  3. Once you've created a blog, you can publish blog entries by using the Reply function in your blog topic.
  4. To follow blog authors, simply subscribe to their blog topic/thread.
  5. When commenting another user's blog, also for instance to ask questions, keep it short and be respectful to the blog owner.
VoysonM
Professor General Voyson Molaskes
(Community Admin)
Professor General Voyson Molaskes<br>(Community Admin)
Posts in topic: 9
Profile news headline: Translating the FD PDF

VoysonM's Blog 🇬🇧

Post by VoysonM »

Here you can follow the admin's thoughts and projects.

Each entry here is mirrored by a German translation in: viewtopic.php?t=11
Last edited by VoysonM 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Making phpBB's Bookmarks Useful | 210820

Post by VoysonM »

Having created this User Blogs forum and then my own blog, I set the topic as a bookmark — and then I couldn't find where to access bookmarks other than in {Your Username} > User Control Panel > Manage > Manage bookmarks, which totally contradicts the very idea of what bookmarks are.

In the phpBB (the forum board software this Community is built on) support forums I then found that this issue has been reported more than 10 years ago at least, but the developers ignored it.

So I had to hack the solution myself together, and now this Community is in all likelihood one of the very few phpBB-based websites, if not the only one, that has a fully useful bookmarks function, simply by the link that I added right after the Quick links option.

Here's what I did:
  1. In ./styles/prosilver/template/navbar_header.html I inserted the following block as the second <li>, before the U_FAQ (you can search for this keyword to find the position the fastest) <li> block:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_REGISTERED_USER -->
        <li>
          <a href="./ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=bookmarks">
            <i class="icon fa-bookmark fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span>{L_NAV_BOOKMARKS}</span>
          </a>
        </li>
        <!-- ENDIF -->

2. In all ./language/{language-code}/common.php I added a new entry (anywhere within the list is okay):

'NAV_BOOKMARKS' => '{caption}',

with {caption} standing for "Bookmarks" in English and "Lesezeichen" in German (without the quotes).
It is as simple as that, and can be used by any phpBB admin to significantly improve the usability of their boards, and should in fact have been implemented as a default solution by the phpBB developers right from the start.
Last edited by VoysonM 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Ready to Rock the Community | 210912

Post by VoysonM »

And now this community really starts!

For the past two months, I've switched from Windows to Linux Ubuntu, I've highly improved the security for both my family and my data, and I've revolutionized both my productivity and my work-life-balance management.

Now I'm finally ready to rock the community, pretty much every single day writing something worthwile or starting a useful topic, and I can reply to posts and answer your questions.

I've also completely overhauled my website (http://voyson.info), and will mirror many pages from there as topics in this community, so you can discuss them, and I will try to occassionally also produce video presentations on particularly outstanding content that I will upload to Odysee and link here in the community and on my website.

Let's grow and change the world together!
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Strategic Pause | 210924

Post by VoysonM »

For the past weeks, I've started at least one new topic each day. But since all my hard work, all my invitations and also my Odysee videos have not yielded a single active user for this community, it makes no sense to continue this way for now. This is not a private journal, it's a tool for intelligent people to strategically save countless human lives and create not just a better, but an optimally good future.

I will for now focus all my energy into updating the German PDF and then finishing the English translation, and in parallel try to get my foot in the door with big influencers until I get a decent, several-hundred-thousand views interview that brings the right people together here in this community, people who are intelligent enough to get and fully use its potential, for the benefit of all mankind.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Ready for Translating | 211009

Post by VoysonM »

Now I'm finally really reading for translating the book http://Demokratie-der-Zukunft.info into the English version http://Future-Democracy.info.

After switching from Windows to Linux Ubuntu and from Telegram to this phpBB-based online community here, I've finally managed to update all the PDF books (the two mentioned above and http://izbs.info for the German Think-Tank for Public Safeguarding and Defence), and have very noticably optimized the three websites.

Also, I've finally started at least one topic in each of this online community's forums (except for the ASec subforums, where I have started only 1 out of 16 so far).

My new work-life-balance management has also yielded significant improvements already, even though I'm still struggling to fully establish it.

Now for the coming months my main work will be translating the Future Democracy PDF book.

I've given up on trying to enligten people regarding the Corona Crisis. The genetical-engineering based (bioweapon) injections marketed as vaccinations will very probably lead to countless deaths and many more lifelong injuries, but all I can and thus will do is work towards a better future for those masses worldwide who are not dumb sheeple and therefore resist successfully the crisis dictates.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

My Three-Segmented Days | 211012

Post by VoysonM »

I have redesigned my daily routine as follows:

In the mornings: management/planning, meditations, personal development, health boosting
in the middle of the day: family/children, outdoor activities, household, physical exercise
in the evenings: work, creativity, marketing, contacts, time with my wife, edutainment

My focus in the evenings currently is translating the PDF
from http://Demokratie-der-Zukunft.info to http://Future-Democracy.info.

The mornings I mostly invest in coping with the current (Corona) world crisis,
and doing therapy for various traumatic experiences from the past 40 years.

And in the middle of the day, my wife and I do everything we can
to let our children, despite the world crisis, grow up happy, healthy, and strong.
Last edited by VoysonM 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Prepping Before Translating More | 211027

Post by VoysonM »

Even though I really got started well into translating the book "Future Democracy" from German ("Demokratie der Zukunft") into English, during which I also significantly upgrade the German version, I need to take a break from that now.

My wife insisted, with good arguments, that we take care of crisis prepping for our family now, making sure that in case of a longer blackout and general services breakdown, we would have food, drink, water, warmth, light, can cook, can wash, have a sanitary (dry) toilet, have advanced medical self-help means, etc. We're also learning a few additional skills for that case (I'm a very quick and thorough learner), which occupies most of my days currently.

Still, I may occasionally publish new versions of the book, as this is my main passion and I want to see it finished. It just takes a little bit longer now.
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Bugfixed phpBB's Notifications | 211031

Post by VoysonM »

This Community website is based on the free phpBB software, which is okay to use, but riddled with bugs despite being quite a long time around already, and in heavy widespread use.

This blog entry is only of interest for other phpBB admins (and should be for the phpBB developers, but they are infamous for being arrogant and ignorant and not fixing issues since decades, so I don't even bother contacting them).

Here's yet another bug I found recently, and its fix:

The bug: When you got some notifications and open the notifications dropdown list, the last line says "See all". But when you click on that link, you do not go to the full list of notifications, but to your notifications settings. (This may only happen when the notifications list was moved in the ACP Admin Control Panel > System > Module Management > User Control Panel to a non-default UCP tab. Either way, it's a bug.)

The fix: In ./includes/functions.php the key U_VIEW_ALL_NOTIFICATIONS is incompletely defined. By default it reads:

'U_VIEW_ALL_NOTIFICATIONS' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=ucp_notifications'),
Extend this to:

'U_VIEW_ALL_NOTIFICATIONS' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=ucp_notifications&amp;mode=notification_list'),
Tom G
L20+
L20+
Posts in topic: 1

Re: VoysonM's Blog 🇬🇧

Post by Tom G »

I think the interview you mentioned 210924 would be a really good idea. Any luck so far, are you still pursuing this?
VoysonM
(Community Admin)

Re: Interview?

Post by VoysonM »

I still have it as a plan, but I've rescheduled it for later. Now I don't want to unduly risk anything, with politics from government down to the police and big portions of society running amok since 2020. Instead, I will first translate the book into English, and while doing so update and upgrade also the German version, and only after that will I try to gain more publicity. If it should go viral before that, I would of course surf on that, too, and use it for the best, but I wouldn't push it at the moment. I think that in the current world crisis, it's at the moment best to observe and wait for a few months. All people with a working brain have certainly long understood the situation and actual risks, and protect themselves and their surroundings, so I don't see the need for more information work, and I also need to manage my own resurces including my health and my family. I fought unhealthily hard for many many months, to no avail at all, and like many others, I now recover, build my own and my family's protection, and keep working on solutions for after the crisis, fundamental solutions that will make similar crises impossible in the future, and actually correct in the long run absolutely everything that has gone wrong with mankind for centuries, millenia, or even longer.