until the forums below look good for you
(smaller with [Ctrl]+[-]), then close this box here
(click the X in its top right corner).

🇩🇪️ Erhöhe mit [Strg]+[+] die Schriftgröße,
bis die Foren unten für dich gut aussehen
(kleiner mit [Strg]+[-]), dann schließe diese Info
(klick auf das X hier oben rechts).

Group Founding Guide Translated | 220325

Subscribe to this blog forum to get notified of new editions of the reference book PDF and other relevant news about Future Democracy!
VoysonM
Community Admin + Book Author
Posts in topic: 4
Profile news headline: Translating the FD PDF

Group Founding Guide Translated | 220325

Post by VoysonM »

There is a new edition of the PDF available,

adding the complete ASec Group Founding guide
with instructions, ideas, and background information:
http://fdmc.info#GF-Guide

Get the latest edition, always completely free: http://Future-Democracy.info
Silver Kestrel
L20+
L20+
Posts in topic: 1
Nickname(s): Silver, SK

Re: Group Founding Guide Translated | 220325

Post by Silver Kestrel »

As I just wrote in the Commune Founding Guide thread, this will absolutely help a lot, and is the most practical that I've ever read in all works of social criticism and utopism in the widest sense, including the many books that claim to facilitate change processes. Great work, may it be read by as many people as possible, actually everybody!
Tom G
L40+
L40+

Post by Tom G »

Wow, that's really super helpful! I don't remember that part, so I assume it's all new, isn't it?
VoysonM

Post by VoysonM »

Thank you both for the positive feedback! :)
Larissa1
L50+
L50+
Nickname(s): Lara

Post by Larissa1 »

Really neat, this should absolutely get things going! I've read quite a few books on utopism etc, but never have I seen something that takes people so well step by step. Lately I had a discussion again with someone who resorted to saying that Future Democracy sounds like trying to command everything in detail, not leaving freedom to the people, which of course is utter rubbish, but they were too stubborn to listen. I wish they would read this chapter linked above here, or the "Your Instructions" chapter, or the FAQ, ... Well, some people probably don't really want to see things improved. I always think it's not so much that they're stupid (that too!) but that they're scared because they know they're guilty of many bad things that they do because current society allows (or even asks) them. And in their own vile they cannot accept that they would not be punished for it, they just cannot bear thinking that other people could in fact be ethically much much better than they are. (Which I've been experiencing like that since many many years regarding veganism/antispeciesism.)
VoysonM

Post by VoysonM »

I can fully confirm on and agree with all you write there! In fact my motivation to write the FAQs came from stupid people on Odysee. Since I published the FAQs, I haven't got any remotely so stupid comment on the books anymore there. Maybe they really find the FAQs, read them, and this corrects their views, or rather shows them how foolishly wrong their suspicions were. :)
VoysonM

Post by VoysonM »

TomG, I forgot to answer this before: Yes, the Group Founding and Commune Founding chapters are new, the old version of the book had some less useful chapter towards the end of the book which I replaced with the GF and CF chapters in a later edition.